Close Menu
News HubNews Hub
  • Home
  • General News
  • Breaking News
  • Trending
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Celebrities
  • Economy
  • Sports
Trending Now

Stablecoin Lending: The Complete Guide

August 29, 2025

The Safest Crypto Loan Platforms

August 29, 2025

How to Get Instant Crypto Loans Without Selling Your Assets

August 29, 2025

IEBC Sets New Date for National Voter Registration

August 28, 2025

Best Crypto Exchanges and Apps for August 2025

August 28, 2025

Best Crypto Loan Platforms for 2025: Compare Rates, Security & Features

August 28, 2025

Don’t Invite Me: Angry Sudi Declares He Will No Longer Attend Church Fundraisers

August 28, 2025

KDF Promotes CHAN Star After Impressive Performance

August 28, 2025

Breaking: Court Blocks Ruto From Constructing Church at State House​​

August 28, 2025

Ruto Suffers Major Setback Days After Making 18 Appointments

August 28, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
News HubNews Hub
WhatsApp Facebook Advertise With Us
  • Home
  • General News
  • Breaking News
  • Trending
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Politics
  • Health
  • Celebrities
  • Economy
  • Sports
News HubNews Hub
Finance

Natembeya Says He Will Return State Awards Amid Corruption Allegations

Judith MwauraBy Judith MwauraJune 8, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya has announced his intention to return all state honours previously given to him by the government.

This decision comes after recent tensions with state agencies and ongoing legal troubles involving corruption claims.

The governor, who once served as a powerful regional administrator, shared that he plans to hand back the awards he received in recognition of his service to the nation.

These include the Moran of the Burning Spear (MBS) and the Elder of the Burning Spear (EBS)—prestigious national honours awarded to individuals for their outstanding contributions to the country.

Speaking openly, Natembeya mentioned that the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) had already taken the awards during a raid at his residence in Kitale last month.

He added that the allegations of corruption have damaged the value and meaning of the honours, prompting his decision to return them voluntarily.

The outspoken governor, who has positioned himself as a strong critic of the Kenya Kwanza administration and brands himself the leader of the Tawe Movement, said the charges brought against him have stained the reputation of the state awards.

He further revealed that he had been on the list to receive another prestigious honour—the Elder of the Golden Heart (EGH)—which is usually granted to governors.

However, he noted that he was denied this latest award due to what he believes are political differences.

“I will take them back to Harambee House,” Natembeya said in a recent interview with Citizen Digital. “How can I be proud of being a state honouree while I’m being dragged to court over corruption claims? It doesn’t make sense to me anymore.

Those awards are now tainted. The EACC already took them during the raids, and I no longer want them.”

Governor Natembeya was arrested and officially charged on May 21 with two counts of corruption and conflict of interest, linked to suspicious payments of over Ksh3 million involving county suppliers.

According to the prosecution, Natembeya allegedly received money unlawfully from individuals and companies that were doing business with the Trans Nzoia County Government.

The charges also state that he personally gained financial benefits of Ksh1.12 million and Ksh2.12 million, respectively, from two different parties whose companies were trading with the county. These charges were filed under the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act, 2003.

Although he strongly denied all the accusations, the prosecution insisted that the total of Ksh4.2 million received by the governor was directly tied to questionable county tenders.

After his court appearance, Natembeya was released on Ksh500,000 cash bail or alternatively, a Ksh1 million bond, by Nairobi Anti-Corruption Court Principal Magistrate Charles Ondieki.

However, on June 5, the High Court granted temporary relief to the embattled governor. In a ruling issued by Justice Bahati Mwamuye, the court suspended the proceedings against Natembeya.

This move came after he filed a petition challenging the legitimacy of the charges brought against him.

The case is now on hold, awaiting the outcome of the constitutional petition that will determine whether the charges can proceed or be dropped altogether.

Join Gen Z New WhatsApp Channel To Stay Updated On time https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaWT5gSGufImU8R0DO30

Follow on WhatsApp Follow on Facebook
Share. WhatsApp Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link
Avatar photo
Judith Mwaura
  • Website

Judith Mwaura is a dedicated journalist specializing in current affairs and breaking news. She is passionate about delivering accurate, timely, and well-researched stories on politics, business, and social issues. Her commitment to journalism ensures readers stay informed with engaging and impactful news.

Related Posts

Stablecoin Lending: The Complete Guide

August 29, 2025

The Safest Crypto Loan Platforms

August 29, 2025

How to Get Instant Crypto Loans Without Selling Your Assets

August 29, 2025

IEBC Sets New Date for National Voter Registration

August 28, 2025

Best Crypto Exchanges and Apps for August 2025

August 28, 2025

Best Crypto Loan Platforms for 2025: Compare Rates, Security & Features

August 28, 2025
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Recent News

Stablecoin Lending: The Complete Guide

August 29, 2025

The Safest Crypto Loan Platforms

August 29, 2025

How to Get Instant Crypto Loans Without Selling Your Assets

August 29, 2025

IEBC Sets New Date for National Voter Registration

August 28, 2025

Best Crypto Exchanges and Apps for August 2025

August 28, 2025

Best Crypto Loan Platforms for 2025: Compare Rates, Security & Features

August 28, 2025

Don’t Invite Me: Angry Sudi Declares He Will No Longer Attend Church Fundraisers

August 28, 2025

KDF Promotes CHAN Star After Impressive Performance

August 28, 2025

Breaking: Court Blocks Ruto From Constructing Church at State House​​

August 28, 2025

Ruto Suffers Major Setback Days After Making 18 Appointments

August 28, 2025
Popular News

” Angalia bibi ya Billionaire vile nimpole” “Mimi wa A Thousanaire Ni Parrr prrrr Kila Kona.” A Lady Hillariously compares herself to Jimi Wanjigi’s wife! Watch

August 13, 2024

Ruto Confirms High-Level Meeting Between ODM and Kenya Kwanza MPs

August 14, 2025

Woman Bitten By Catholic Priest During Communion

May 27, 2024

Why Senator Omtatah Believes Kenya Has No Debt

April 20, 2025

The Best DeFi Lending Platforms to Watch in 2025

June 28, 2025

MMFs vs SACCOs: Where Should You Invest Your Money in 2025 and Beyond?

July 17, 2025

Faith Odhiambo Raises Alarm Over Nighttime Police Raids on Lawyers’ Homes

May 28, 2025

Ruto Leads Kenyans in Mourning Former President

July 14, 2025

Cop Shakur Ditches Anti-Govt Movement

August 27, 2025

Leading Online Loan Comparison Platform Startups

June 24, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • General News
  • Trending News
  • Advertise With Us
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 News Hub. Designed by News Hub.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.