MPs Send Away CBK Governor Kamau Thugge Over Missing Key Documents
The Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), Kamau Thugge, was dismissed from a parliamentary session on Thursday, June 5, after failing to provide important documents needed to support his statements.
Governor Thugge had appeared before the National Assembly’s Committee on National Cohesion and Equal Opportunity, which is chaired by Mandera West MP Aden Yussuf Haji. He had been summoned to explain issues related to ethnic representation and equal employment opportunities at the CBK.
But the Committee was disappointed with his presentation. After going through it, the members discovered that it lacked key documents that were supposed to back up the information he had shared.
“The Committee has reviewed your submission and found it lacking in supporting documents,” said the chairperson. “The invitation letter clearly instructed that all presentations must be accompanied by documentary evidence, which you have failed to provide,” Haji explained.
The Committee also pointed out that many of the claims Thugge made were not backed by any proof, making the entire presentation weak and unreliable.
They insisted that he revise his report, include all the necessary documents, and return at a later date with a more complete submission.
Furthermore, the Committee raised concerns over other major issues with the documents. Some key annexes were missing, and the report itself was not signed—an oversight they described as unacceptable and a violation of procedure.
“In addition to the missing annexes, the report submitted by Governor Thugge was not signed. This procedural error played a big part in our decision to reject it,” the Committee added.
In response, Governor Thugge admitted the mistakes in his report and promised to meet all the necessary requirements before he appears again.
He assured the Committee that he would correct the errors and ensure that all required documents are included in the revised version.
Interestingly, Thugge was not the only top official sent away on that day. Paul Ngugi, the Chief Executive Officer of the Geothermal Development Company (GDC), was also asked to leave.
The Committee accused him of coming unprepared and failing to provide documentation to support his statements.
The MPs said such carelessness shows a lack of seriousness and urged all senior government officials to take their duties before Parliament more seriously.
Join Gen Z New WhatsApp Channel To Stay Updated On time https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaWT5gSGufImU8R0DO30

