Government Issues 48-Hour Warning to Parents as Vaccination Campaign Nears End
The Ministry of Health has issued a strong call to all parents and guardians, urging them to ensure their children receive the Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (TCV) and the Measles-Rubella (MR) vaccine before the ongoing nationwide vaccination campaign wraps up.
In a public notice released on Wednesday, July 2, the Ministry reminded Kenyans that the 10-day immunization drive officially started on Saturday, July 5, and will conclude on Monday, July 14, 2025. This leaves parents with just a few days to act.
As part of the campaign:
- The Measles-Rubella vaccine is being given to children aged 9 months to 59 months (about five years).
- The Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine is being administered to children from 9 months up to 14 years of age.
Health Cabinet Secretary Aden Duale, in an earlier statement made on Saturday, June 12, called on all parents and caregivers to take advantage of the free vaccination services available.
He emphasized that the vaccines are being provided at no cost in public health facilities as well as designated outreach sites such as schools, churches, mosques, and local markets across the country.
According to the Ministry’s latest figures:
- 3.5 million children have already received the MR vaccine, out of a national target of 6.5 million.
- 12.1 million children have been vaccinated with TCV, out of a total goal of 19.2 million.
The Health CS praised the effort so far but insisted that more must be done. He encouraged health workers, religious leaders, and community mobilizers to step up their efforts in the remaining days to ensure that every eligible child is reached and vaccinated.
“So far, we have managed to vaccinate over 4,000 zero-dose children—children who had never been vaccinated before—with both MR and TCV vaccines. This is a major step in improving our population’s immunity,” Duale said.
“With three days left in the main campaign and two additional days for mop-up, we urge all caregivers to act immediately. These vaccines are not only safe and effective but also life-saving. Both the MR and TCV vaccines have been thoroughly tested and approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), following strict safety assessments both locally and internationally. They are already helping to protect millions of children worldwide,” he added.
Duale also raised concern over the growing threat of antimicrobial-resistant typhoid and measles, especially among children under 15 years, noting that this has become a serious public health issue in the country.
He stressed that immunization is crucial in protecting children from these preventable yet dangerous diseases, and urged the public to get vaccinated before the deadline.
The Ministry also warned the public to be cautious about misinformation, advising that people should only trust verified sources such as the Ministry of Health, certified medical professionals, and officially recognized organizations when seeking information about vaccines.
“From the cities to the most remote villages, we’ve seen parents and caregivers stepping up to protect their children. Their dedication is commendable,” the CS said.
“The Government is fully committed to ensuring that no child in Kenya dies from a disease that can be prevented by vaccination. We continue to offer free, high-quality, and accessible immunization services across the entire country,” he concluded.
As the campaign enters its final stretch, the Ministry is calling on all Kenyans to act quickly, protect their children, and help build a healthier nation.
Join Gen Z & Millennials New WhatsApp Channel To Stay Updated On time
https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaWT5gSGufImU8R0DO30